Apple Ruining Things

     

When I shut down my computer, I get a message saying, “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” Then it runs a progress bar, but it hangs at 100 percent and never restarts. At the bottom of this error message it says, “Page_ Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area (Apple Charger SYS).” I’ve reinstalled Windows 7 and then Windows 8 but I still get this error message. So to shut down my computer I wait till it gets to 100 percent and I shut off the power. I turn it on in  the morning and it acts as though nothing was wrong. I just can’t shut it off without getting this error message.

The Doctor responds: That “Apple Charger.sys” is the giveaway. That’s a file connected with the On/Off charger utility for your motherboard. Some Gigabyte mobos have powered USB 2.0 ports that can be used to charge a device (e.g., an iPad) even when the computer is off, and they’re known to cause this error. Use the Add/Remove Programs utility to remove the offending utility and the errors should stop.


TECHNO ITEM LIST